“Should we buy Season Passes?”
The short answer is YES!
But, why? You might ask. We live in the Atlanta area and even from four hours away, there are so many reasons that buying a Dollywood Season Pass makes sense. The number one thing that sold me and my family: a Season Pass reduces vacation stress.
We recently polled Dollywood Insider panelists to see why this particular group of park regulars thinks a Season Pass is the way to go when purchasing park tickets. Reducing vacation stress was at the top of everyone’s list.
Here are reasons my fellow Insiders gave:
- Owning Season Passes means you don’t have to cram everything into one day. This is especially important when you have young children. It can be stressful when you have to try to fit in every ride, every show and eat all of the yummy food in one visit. Knowing that you can come back the next day, next weekend or next month makes a big difference.
- Owning Season Passes makes it easier to pick up and go for a weekend. Knowing that we already have our tickets makes it so much easier to go for a quick trip. Just pack up the car, grab our passes and go!
- Owning Season Passes allows you to enjoy all that the park offers throughout the year. We made the choice to get passes because we knew that we would visit during the summer, fall break for Harvest Festival, and of course Christmas.
“Should we upgrade to a Gold Pass?”
If you are considering Season Passes, I recommend thinking about upgrading at least one pass to Gold. There are many perks that come with the Gold Pass:
- You park for FREE. (Otherwise, parking is $15 each visit.)
- You receive 20% off food purchased in the park.
- You receive 20% off merchandise purchased in the park.
Here’s my final sell for 2019 Dollywood Season Passes:
- The pass pays for itself in two visits.
- Dollywood’s newest (and largest!) expansion is opening next spring. We’re so excited about Wildwood Grove!
- There are many other PERKS and DISCOUNTS at attractions outside of Dollywood—and even outside of Pigeon Forge!
This list was enough to convince me. I hope I made the decision easy for you, too!