Vacation is all about having options with minimal effort. Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort and Spa knows this very well. This pool has all the laid-back vacation vibes you are looking for. At first glance, you will see beautiful cascading waterfalls that spill into the pool, a zero-depth entry, tons of shade and even an interactive splash pad! Let me share with you why every Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort guest should include a day of downtime spent poolside at this fantastic outdoor pool, the Swimming Hole.
- The pool is beautiful. You can’t help but feel like you’re on relaxing getaway when you lounge and play here. The fresh mountain air just hits the reset button like nothing else.
- As the father of young children, details like the zero-depth and padded entry are truly appreciated.
- If the pool wasn’t enough, there’s a fun splash pad, too.
- It’s only fitting that the Smokies’ most-trusted water park (Dollywood’s Splash Country) shares its lifeguards with the resort. Also on brand, the resort offers complimentary life jackets so you don’t have to pack the puddle jumpers if you’re out of space!
The Camp DW team comes out and plays with the kids. They bring music, games and their friendly and fun personalities—turning the pool into a party!
- Noshing by the pool is part of the experience. If you don’t know, I love to eat. Having a full poolside menu is music to my ears. My 4-year-old loves pizza, and we order ahead so it’s ready for her once we get to the pool. Some of my favorites are the loaded tater-tots and buffalo chicken tenders. There’s also a full bar menu for the adults, and nothing says vacation like a frozen margarita, sangria or a poolside Pina colada.
We love a stay-cation, and nothing beats a fun day at the pool on a hot day. Our family has a tradition of grabbing ice cream on the way out and enjoying them on the rocking chairs by the front the entrance. This is our pro-tip (and the only way we can get our 4-year-old to leave the pool!).
We typically stay at Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort and Spa when we’re planning a weekend visit to Dollywood, but honestly, this resort is a fun trip in and of itself—even if you never make it to the park.