I’m a list guy, and my newest list is one of my favorites. It’s a Dollywood to-do list, a new feature of the official Dollywood app.
(If you don’t have the app yet, read this!)
Here’s how the app’s new list feature works:
1. Create your list. On the bottom of the app screen, tap on the “star” icon that says “My Lists.” Then name your list – it can be as broad or as specific as you like. For example, I’m creating a list of roller coasters that I want to ride next time I’m at the park.
2. Next, tap over to the “map” icon on the bottom left of the screen. You can stay in the map view or switch to list view (see the top right corner of your screen).
3. Tap on a ride or attraction’s icon. Once its pop-up box appears, you can tap the small star icon in the top right corner of that box. You’ll then be able to select which list you want to add the attraction to. You can also create a new list from this screen (tap the red button at the bottom).
4. Keep doing the same for other rides and attractions you want to check out during your visit. Once you’re ready to mark an item off your list, just tap the checkbox on the righthand side of the screen. Once you do that, the attraction will move to the bottom of the screen under “places I’ve visited.”
5. Not only can you add rides to your list, but you can also create lists for restaurants and shops. Just add them to your list just like you would any other attraction.
6. You can even create your own personalized show schedule for the day. Just tap on the “schedule” icon on the bottom center of your screen.
7. Next, find a show that you want to see, and tap on the small star icon in the top right corner of the box – just like you did for the other attractions. You can see your schedule list by tapping “schedule” on the top right side of the list screen. Once you mark an item off your list, it will move to the bottom of the screen under “shows I’ve attended.”
Even though I’m a Dollywood regular, I still see myself using this new feature. Since 2018 is the Season of Showstoppers, I want to see as many of the shows offered as possible. Using the list feature will be a great way to keep track of which ones I’ve seen.
For first-time visitors, the possibilities of the list feature are endless. Every member of your family can create their own Dollywood bucket lists.