Any day spent at Dollywood should be awesome, right? But how can you make sure to have your best day? Here are my Top 5 Tips for How to Build a Perfect Dollywood Day.
- Keep your day interesting by alternating between shows and rides. There are many things to experience at Dollywood, and alternating between thrilling rides and magnificent shows will allow you to sample a little bit of everything. If Dolly is your imaginary bestie, be sure to check out Heartsong. If you’ve got a history buff in your group, meander over to see Dreamland Drive-In. Blazing Fury is a roller coaster sure to entertain, while FireChaser Express will bring the heat. Don’t forget Lightning Rod and Wild Eagle- you’re sure to get your heart rate up on those two!
- Stay hydrated! Take advantage of Dollywood’s refillable mugs, and make sure to drink plenty of water. Dollywood offers a free cup of water at any eatery that has a soda fountain, as well as water fountains throughout the park.
- Use the app! This is the simplest way to make the most of your day. You can check ride wait times, get directions throughout the park, see descriptions and showtimes for all of the shows, get a snapshot of what the restaurants offer, and check height requirements for rides. You can also filter your results to just see the bathrooms, because let’s face it—our smallest group members don’t always give us the most time to find one.
- Get a photo pass! For $40 for a single day or $75 for the whole season, a Dollywood photo pass will take the stress out of documenting your Dollywood day. You’re guaranteed shots with the whole group or photos of your family screaming on their favorite coaster, taken by a professional photographer at any of the nine opportunities throughout the park. It’s a great addition to the selfies and candids you take with your phone, and a nice backup in the event you end up with your eyes closed in all the photos you’ve taken!
- Eat, eat, eat! One of my favorite things about Dollywood is the excellent food quality. Whether you’re doing a quick meal at Red’s Drive-In or sitting down to relax and give your feet a break at Front Porch Cafe, you can be sure that your taste buds will be delighted. Whatever you do, don’t skip dessert! Some of my favorites include a milkshake at Red’s, the Banana Pudding at Front Porch, and a funnel cake from Crossroads. No day is complete if you haven’t had something sweet!
What makes your Dollywood day perfect?