It won’t be long before many of us get to take a time out for spring break. One of my family’s favorite things to do during this March vacation is to plan a weekend road trip to Dollywood and Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort and Spa.
We love road tripping to Dollywood because not only is it just a short 3.5 hour drive from our home just outside of Nashville, but it also makes traveling to Dollywood feel like a part of the fun – if you know how to plan a Dolly Parton-approved road trip, that is!
So if your family has ever considered taking a road trip to Dollywood, here are a few tips to help your adventure be as sweet as Ms. Dolly herself:
1. Pack Plenty of snacks:
Don’t get caught in traffic without an arsenal of yummy treats to keep your kiddos occupied. We like to keep our snacks and activities in an easy-to-access carrier, so that our kids can be independent in the back seat!
Here are a few of our favorites:
- Gummi worms
- Chocolate-covered gummi bears
- Chocolate-covered nuts
- Fruit (to offset all the junk food!)
2. Make a Dollywood Playlist
Every road trip needs good tunes! We love making a fresh playlist every time we head east to Pigeon Forge.
Be sure to check out the Dolly Parton channel on Pandora or tune to our Dollywood Road Trip playlist on Spotify!
3. Pack Classic Road Trip Games
We are HUGE fans of playing games on the road – anything from “License Plate Bingo” to “Who-Can-Count-the-Most-Cows” can keep us occupied for hours! When we’re heading to Dollywood, we always try and play at least a couple Dolly-themed games as an homage to our favorite Tennessee songbird.
A few of our favorite Dollywood-bound games are:
- Name that Dolly Parton Tune
- Would You Rather Ride _________ or _________? (insert your favorite Dollywood rides here)
- Did Dolly Sing it? (My husband and I quiz our kids to test their knowledge of Dolly’s musical catalog)
- We also always bring along a few hands-on games like Flip-Slide and Go Fish, just to mix things up!