Did you get an engagement ring for Christmas? Or do you have a friend whose engagement you want to celebrate? These ideas could even work for a bachelor party, if that is coming up for you or someone you know. My daughter Annie’s bridesmaids planned a very special bachelorette party for her at Dollywood, knowing it was one of her favorite places and a quintessential “Tennessee” experience for the bridesmaids (and bride!) who were coming for the wedding from all over the country.
So what makes Dollywood an amazing bachelorette party destination? There’s truly something for everyone: rides for the daring, unique places to shop, a fabulous variety of shows, and delicious food for every taste.
Here are five tips for making the most of your bachelorette bash at Dollywood
1. Make a weekend of it! Dollywood has amazing cabins for rent, sleeping from two to 32! And the beautiful DreamMore Resort and Spa would be the perfect place to rent a suite and spend a day in the spa getting pampered at a spa party, then relaxing by the indoor or outdoor pool. Then wrap up your day by heading to Dolly Parton’s Stampede for a fun show and delicious dinner.
2. Ask for marriage advice. Would you ever think of Dollywood being a place to ask marriage questions? At every check-out counter (at restaurants, stores, even the craftsmen’s booths), one of the bridesmaids would ask, “We have a bride-to-be here; what is your best marriage advice?” And Annie heard a wide variety of advice from people with years of wisdom.
3. Go with the flow. When rain threatened to dampen the atmosphere, the girls just all bought matching rain ponchos and carried on, enjoying the lighter crowds and shows they might not have caught otherwise.
4. Be prepared to briefly split up some during the day. One of the benefits of Dollywood is that there is something for everyone. With Annie’s crew, depending on how brave or less adventurous they were, some went to ride Tennessee Tornado, while others rode Blazing Fury at the same time. They met up after everyone was done riding, and kept moving as a group!
5. Get a special souvenir for the bride as you exit the park. Annie’s bridesmaids got two Dollywood mugs personalized with Annie’s and her husband’s names on them. Now they have a little taste of Dollywood in their new kitchen and are reminded of a sweet time when they use them. You could also get a Christmas ornament for the newlyweds’ first Christmas tree, stepping stones for the yard of their new home, bride and groom airbrushed t-shirts – the options are endless!
Don’t forget to wear matching t-shirts and bring a special shirt for the bride then come prepared for a day full of making wonderful memories!
P.S. I also recently saw that Kacey Musgraves also had her Bachelorette Bash at Dollywood!