I don’t know if you’re like me at all, but if you are, then you’re always looking for a good deal. There’s usually at least one of us in every family and since you’re the one doing your Dollywood research online and found this blog post, I’m going to guess it’s you.
Let me start off by saying, “Congratulations!” because not only are you going to discover a ton of insider tips here that you wouldn’t find elsewhere, but you’re also going to find deals you won’t find anywhere else.
Case in point: the current Dollywood Season Pass deal.
Typically, people considering buying a Season Pass for the first time fall into one of two categories:
- You’ve never been to the park before, but you already recognize what a great deal a Season Pass is based on price alone.
- You LOVE the parks and have been wanting to buy a Season Pass for a long time, but have never taken the plunge because you didn’t see the value and benefits.
The people who fall into the first category are absolutely right: you can purchase a Season Pass for less than the cost of two 1-Day Tickets at Dollywood. So, if you know you’re going to come to Dollywood for a multi-day getaway, or you already know you’ll be returning multiple times throughout the year, the Season Pass is definitely the way to go.
But if you’re in the second camp and need a little more convincing, let me make this easier on you by highlighting exactly why now is the perfect time to purchase Dollywood Season Passes:
- Right now you’ll find Dollywood Season Passes at their lowest prices of the season (and that’s not just a commercial jingle meant to hook you). In fact, Dollywood guarantees the prices for the 2018 season pass will not get any lower if you purchase them before Jan. 3.
- When you do purchase your 2018 Dollywood Season Passes now, you’ll also get to visit Dollywood THIS CHRISTMAS for free!
- Speaking of free, you’ll also get a “Bring-a-Friend-Free Ticket” (valid during select dates of the season). For instance, Super Passholders actually earn two Dollywood BAF tickets and one Splash Country BAF ticket – that’s three free tickets per pass!
- When you buy four or more Season Passes, you’ll save $5 PER PASS!
- You’ll receive Dolly Parton’s “I Believe in You” Children’s Album, FREE with every Child Season Pass purchase.
If you’re still debating, even with all the bonus offers going on right now, why not consider making Dollywood Season Passes your Christmas presents to each other? As our kids have gotten older, we’ve come to realize the beauty of experience gifts over presents that may get played with for a few days or a few months, but ultimately end up under a bed or in a donation pile.
Another option would be to let your family know this is what you want for Christmas as a family. Perhaps they can’t buy everyone’s pass, but one set of grandparents may want to contribute toward purchasing tickets for their grandkids, making your overall out-of-pocket cost even less.
Finally, if you just don’t have it in the budget to purchase Dollywood Season Passes for your entire family this month, don’t fret! You can purchase your 2018 season passes online and set up six monthly payments, meaning each would be less than $18 per month. Now that’s a bargain I can get behind.
Even though our family lives about 3 ½ hours away from Dollywood, we know we’re going to visit at least three or four times a year: once when the park opens for Festival of Nations, once when Dollywood’s Splash Country opens (which is typically when Barbecue & Bluegrass is happening at Dollywood), once during Harvest Festival and then we always love experiencing a Smoky Mountain Christmas at the end of the year. But even if we came up for just one of those events, the season pass would still be worth it.
I will admit, it took us a little longer to get on the Gold Super Pass train, but now that we have, we’ll never go back. With unlimited access to both parks, free parking AND an extra 20% off select food, beverages and merchandise, we made back the money we spent on our Gold Pass in our first visit alone.
Every time we visit Dollywood or Splash Country, the first question my kids ask as we’re leaving at the end of the day is, “When can we come back?” Once you’re a Dollywood Season Passholder, you can smile knowing that your next trip is never very far away.
To review side by side comparisons of your season pass options or to buy now, visit here.
*Dollywood 2018 Bring-A-Friend Tickets valid April 30 – June 3 and Aug. 6 – Aug. 31. Dollywood’s Splash Country 2018 Bring-A-Friend Ticket valid May 19 – June 3.